Since I’ve started this blog, I’ve had a number of people leave comments trying to get in touch with me personally. A few times, it’s been because they were going to be in Montreal and were looking for local resources. Other times, they wanted to talk to me about their own situation privately. Luckily, I’ve never ever had any hate-filled comments on here.
Therefore, I’ve decided to provide a means for people to contact me by adding a contact form. Considering the above, I highly doubt that this will lead to hate mail and I’m pretty sure that people will use this feature responsibly.
I’m open to receiving emails from:
- people would like to say something about a blog entry but are unwilling to post publically for whatever reason;
- people who simply want to talk to someone like them because they feel isolated (caveat: I have limited time in my life for email so I can’t promise long correspondences but I’m glad to serve as a “first-step” real-life trans person if it’s of any help to any lonely trans people out there;
- people who would like to exchange links and who don’t want to clutter up the comment sections (although I think it is good “publicity” for your page that way anyway;
- trans people who will be visiting Montreal and who would like to get in touch with local trans people.
I am NOT open to receiving email from:
- People who want to sell me something;
- People who are looking to broaden their sexual repertoire by adding an FTM notch to their bedpost;
- People who want to bash trans folk or any other group;
- People who need councelling. I’m not qualified to councel anyone and am not inclined to either.
If I find that too many people of the latter categories write to me, I’m afraid I will have to take the contact form off this site.