I just realised I haven’t posted anything in nearly a month. I’m on vacation for the summer and have been feeling extra lazy when it comes to writing. I will soon be starting a PhD and I will be spending so much time writing that I guess I needed a little break. I also don’t tend to spend too much time in front of the PC in the summer, preferring to be outdoors playing with my little guy and reading fiction.
I have a few thoughtful posts in mind on issues ranging from feminism to drag. In the meantime, here are a few updates:
- 8 weeks on T and am feeling great. Injection 9 is coming up in 2 days.
- Leg hair is denser in places where there was already hair and there is hair where there wasn’t any before.
- My voice is up and down: some days pretty low and some days pretty high.
- My clit has gotten noticeably bigger.
- I had PMS two weeks ago but no period. It’s either late (No, I’m not pregnant) or finished.
- The news is spreading among my extended family. My maternal aunts all know and a few cousins. So far, so good.
- My brother still doesn’t want to talk about it. He barely seems to want to talk to me at all.
- I’m still not sure how much of it my little guy understands.
- I’m getting “sir”‘d a lot, except when I don’t bind. Sometimes it’s just too hot to bind.
- Some friends who were getting the pronoun right in the beginning are started to slip back into “she” for some weird reason, in spite of the fact that I look more like a guy than I did 6 months ago.
- I’m less worried about passing with strangers. I don’t really care if the cashier at the grocery store thinks I’m male or female.
- I’m still ambivalent about my breasts.
- I get a lot of strange looks when I’m not binding because people see hair on my chin (this isn’t from T, I’ve always had it. I just let it grow now whereas I used to shamefully get rid of it) and breasts and appear confused.